We are striving to increase our workforce diversity and are better enabling our leaders to engage with their team and meet business targets
We recognise the importance of equal employment opportunity, the benefits of a diverse and motivated workforce, fair and valued treatment of employees and contractors, and the value in attracting, retaining and developing a capable workforce.
Key Activities and performance
- We have nearly 5000 direct employees and 1800 contractors in Queensland and New South Wales.
- Our diversity strategy is focused on meeting targets of 15 per cent female employment and five per cent Indigenous employment by 2013.
- The percentage of females in our workforce is currently 13 per cent and Indigenous people represent about three per cent of our employees.
- We have more than 120 people in our graduate development and vacation programmes.
- 73 per cent of our employees are currently residential, with the remainder either on bus-in/bus-out, drive-in/drive-out or fly-in/fly-out roster.
2011 employment summary (headcount data as at 31 December 2011)
|Apprentices and trainees (also included in contractor numbers)||13|
|Graduates and vacation students||123|